Oren is a partner in the firm’s tax practice group. Oren has a diverse tax practice, encompassing tax structuring strategic transactions (e.g. mergers and acquisitions), investment funds of all kinds, real estate projects, incentive compensation plans and individual tax planning.
Oren’s practice focuses on domestic and international taxation. Oren advises clients with respect to tax planning and structuring of various domestic and cross border transactions, including merger and acquisitions, reorganization, investments, joint ventures and other complex international taxation matters.
Oren has extensive experience in the representation of high net-worth individuals, in connection with trusts, investments, cross-border issues, including issues related to employees and executives’ incentives compensation plans as well as pre- and post-immigration planning. Oren has obtained dozens of rulings from the tax authorities and has handled many controversies between the tax authorities and taxpayers, including negotiating settlements and representing clients in judicial proceedings.
In addition, Oren specializes in the formation of venture capital funds, private equity funds, hedge funds and real estate funds, including advising on structure issues and obtaining tax rulings from the tax authorities.
Oren was a partner at Danziger Klagsbald & Co., Law Offices.
Oren is a member of the Tax Committee of the Israeli Bar and has published number of articles on taxation issues.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- the acquisition of Annapurna Labs by Amazon
- the acquisition of Virdia by Stora Enso
- the acquisition of Letmobile by Landesk
the acquisition of Kitlocate by Yandex (NASDAQ: YNDX)
the acquisition of Amobee by SingTel (ASX:SGT)
the acquisition of Cotendo Inc. by Akamai (NASDAQ: AKAM)
- the acquisition of Wordmate Inc. by Carlson Wagonlit Travel (CWT)
- the acquisition of BigBand Networks by ARRIS Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: ARRS)
- the acquisition of Provigent Inc. by Broadcom Corporation (NASDAQ: BRCM)
- the acquisition of Apchee Applications Ltd. by eBay
- the acquisition of Storwize, Inc. by IBM the acquisition of Provigent Inc.
the acquisition of Jajah, Inc. by Telefonica
- the acquisition of CopperGate Ltd. by Sigma Designs
- the acquisition of PlanPlatform Ltd. by Autodesk
- the acquisition of Dmatek Ltd. by Francisco Partners
- the acquisition of Atrica by Nokia Siemens
- the acquisition of Go Networks by Nextwave
- the acquisition of Magnolia (Israeli representative of Thomas Weisel)
- the acquisition of Prosight by Primavera
- the acquisition of Nlayers by EMC
- the acquisition of Identify by BMC Software
- the acquisition of Guardium by IBM
- the acquisition of WiNetworks Ltd. by RuggedCom
Private Equity, Investment Funds and Hedge Funds
- Bessemer Fund
- Cedar Fund
- Lightspeed Fund
- Sequoia Capital Fund
- SCP Vitalife
- Shamrock Israel Growth Fund
- Dragon Variations Funds
- Summit Capital
- Compass International Fund
- Matrix Fund
- Norwest Venture Partners
Bar Ilan University (LL.B., 1997)
Bar Ilan University (LL.M., 1998)
University of Florida College of Law (LL.M, 2003, Taxation)
Admitted to Practice:
Israel Bar Association, 1997