Amir is a partner in the firm’s corporate practice group.
Amir has a diverse corporate and technology practice, encompassing mergers and acquisitions, venture capital and private equity financing, fund formation, technology transactions and other corporate matters.
Prior to joining Shenhav & Co., Amir spent four years as a corporate attorney in the New York office of Sidley Austin LLP, and in Israel, at Meitar Liquornik Geva & Leshem Brandwein.
“Clients have nothing but praise for Amir Raz, describing him as a ”very impressive and talented transactional lawyer.” He is valued for his nuanced understanding of client needs, and uses his ”superb negotiation skills” to get the best result possible“. Chambers Global
“Amir Raz is ‘deal-driven and very responsive“. Legal 500 (Corporate and M&A)
Amir has substantial experience in representing private and public companies, funds and investment banks in a variety of domestic and cross-border merger and acquisition transactions, spin-offs, investments and joint ventures.
Amir has been involved in the establishment and representation of venture capital, private equity funds and hedge funds.
Amir’s experience in corporate finance transactions includes representing issuers and underwriters in initial public offerings, follow-on offerings and shelf offerings.
Amir has an active practice representing foreign corporations and high net worth individuals in their investments and other business activities in Israel, Israeli regulations and FCPA matters.
In addition, Amir provides day-to-day counseling to hi-tech clients with a particular focus on social media, internet, e-commerce, mobile, cloud computing, big data, software, semiconductor, life sciences and cleantech, playing a key role in advising clients in all stages of their development, from a seed start-up through public companies.
Main practice areas:
- Mergers and Acquisitions and strategic transactions
- Equity and debt financings
- Public offerings
- Fund formation
- Start-up counseling
- Intellectual property licensing
- Securities regulation and corporate governance
Tel Aviv University (LL.B., 1999, Cum Laude)
Georgetown University Law Center (LL.M., 2003, Securities and Financial Regulation, Dean’s Certificate, Distinction)
Admitted to Practice:
Israel Bar Association, 2000
New York Bar Association, 2004
- Counsel to WorldMate Inc. in its acquisition by Carlson Wagonlit Travel (CWT);
- Counsel to Appchee Applications Ltd. (aka The Gifts Project) in its sale to eBay;
- Counsel to the selling stockholders in the acquisition of Storwize, Inc. by IBM for $140 million;
- Israeli counsel to Klarna AB in its acquisition of Analyzd Technologies Ltd.;
- Counsel to Shamrock fund in the structuring, formation and fund-raising of its second private equity fund in Israel;
- Counsel to WorldMate Inc. in a strategic license and development agreement;
- Counsel to Clal Insurance and Harel Insurance in a multi-million Pound Sterling mezzanine loan to a large-scale real estate project in London;
- Conducting internal investigations of U.S. companies with foreign operations regarding FCPA issues and counseling companies regarding compliance with the FCPA and potential disclosure to U.S. enforcement authorities;
- Counsel to Amdocs in several of its acquisitions in Israel, the U.S. and Ireland;
- Counsel to Ophir Optronics (TASE) in a PIPE investment by FIMI Opportunity fund;
- Counsel to Guard Financial Group (a U.S. insurance company) in its acquisition by Clal Insurance (an Israeli insurance company);
- Counsel to MatlinPatterson (private equity fund) in its acquisition of a controlling interest in ATA Airlines and First Albany Companies;
- Counsel to a bidder in the acquisition of Chrysler from Daimler AG;
- Counsel to Iridium Satellite in the completion of $210 million secured credit facilities from Lehman Brothers and Morgan Stanley;
- Counsel to a bidder in the auction of Delta Airlines;
- Counsel to a hedge fund in its investment in internet infrastructure and internet service providers in China;
- Counsel to a Hong Kong public company in the sale of its LCD and electronic manufacturing facilities to a U.S. public company;
- Counsel to an Israeli weapon manufacturer in its acquisition by a strategic buyer;
- Counsel to Fox Paine in its $100 million acquisition of Paradigm Geophysical;
- Counsel to sponsors and general partners in the formation of private equity, venture capital and hedge funds;
- Counsel in the initial public offerings of Radware, Jacada, Carrols Holdings and Wintegra.